5R Enabler Designs and Operations Inc. (5REDO) is a circular economy innovation and consulting firm focused on developing novel solutions and offering technical support toward improving circularity and environmental sustainability within different industry sectors. 5REDO has an opening for a Life Cycle Impact Analyst. The analyst will be responsible for developing life cycle assessment (LCA) models and evaluating the environmental impacts of 5REDO’s innovation projects as well as of the clients. The analyst will work closely with other members of the team and client associates to obtain relevant data for environmental impact evaluations. Preference will be given to those who have a background in process engineering, and we highly encourage new graduates to apply. The position is based in Waterloo, but remote working will be possible while being available to travel regularly to Waterloo (or other cities in the region as needed by projects).
- Review and update existing in-house LCA studies and build new LCA models
- Review literature and state-of-the-art as needed for ongoing and prospective projects
- Deliver presentations to share the results of your works
- Conduct analysis on processes’ energy, water, waste, and emissions
- Work with other team members to innovate and deliver impactful results
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or higher degree in engineering (preferably chemical engineering, industrial engineering, or materials engineering) with coursework and/or research experience in life cycle analysis
- Professional experience in life cycle assessment gained from academia or industry
- Working experience with one of the LCA tools, preferably GaBi or OpenLCA
- Knowledge of chemical processes, manufacturing systems, and waste treatment methods; having experience with polymers and/or biotechnology processes is a plus
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and sustainability
- Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate technical topics, give presentations, and prepare formal written reports
- Self-motivated and capable of working both independently and as part of a team
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume to email@example.com by December 31, 2022.