There are two new data scientists opportunities at Amgen, one as a 1-year contract position, and the other is full time. Interested candidates should reach out to Seyma Bayrak (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their CV.
Full Time Position
A full time Data Scientist position in the area of Digital Integration & Predictive Technologies is available. The position will be located at either their California, Massachusetts, or Rhode Island locations. They are seeking candidates “with an extreme passion for data science, artificial intelligence (AI), and sophisticated technologies to join our team.” Some of the required skill sets include:
- PhD in Computer Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Bioengineering, Applied Math, Statistics, or similar field
- Expertise in natural language processing and image processing with deep learning approaches
- Expertise in comprehensive set of data analytics and modeling methods such as unsupervised and supervised approaches and solid understanding of their algorithms
- Proficient in SQL, Python, R and familiar with big data approaches
The degree requirements range anywhere for a PhD to high school diploma, depending on the years of experience in the field.
For more information and details, see the full job posting.
1-Year Contract Position
The 1 year Data Science position is suitable for a Masters’ degree holder, a bachelor’s degree holder with at least 2 years of experience, or an associate’s degree holder with at least 6 years of experience. Preferably, the degree should be in computer science, engineering, data science, or closely related fields. Amgen writes:
The Digital Integration and Predictive Technology (DIPT) organization at Amgen is seeking applicants for a Data Scientist position to help drive Amgen’s global digital initiatives within artificial intelligence and data analytics. This exciting opportunity will expose candidates to unique areas of data science including:
- Build a wide range of data and analytics solutions, from descriptive to prescriptive using advance statistical and machine learning models
- Leverage large datasets to conduct end-to end analytics that include data gathering and requirements specifications, processing, analytics, ongoing deliverables, and presentations
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams. Work closely with subject matter experts to identify opportunities and deliver value by developing novel, practical, scientific data-driven solutions to meet business needs
- Proficiency in Python (Required), R and SQL.
- Experience in Databricks, AWS, GitLab/GitHub, and Jupyter Notebook.
- Experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Natural Language Processing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to collect, organize, and analyze large amounts of data.
- Familiarity with basic DevOps, and good software practices (version control, etc…)
- Independent, self-motivated, organized, and excited to learn.
- Team-player, collaborative, cross-functional.
As always, be sure to indicate that you saw this opportunity on PSEcommunity.org!