A postdoctoral research associate position is available in the The Sustainable Materials Group at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The overall project includes the design, construction, and testing of a CO2 direct air capture (DAC) system that would store captured CO2 in cementitous materials. The postdoctoral associate would focus on the process modelling aspects of DAC, and subsequent analysis using eco-technoeconomic analyses (techno-economic analyses combined with life cycle assessments). The modelling will be used in support of system design and optimization with the consideration of variation in feedstocks.
Key requirements for the position are:
- PhD in chemical engineering or closely related discipline
- Knowledge of TEA
- Knowledge of process design and modelling
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with Aspen Plus
- Modelling reaction kinetics
- Carbonate chemistry
- Machine learning experience
- Experimental equipment fabrication experience
To apply, send CV, cover letter with research interests and qualifications, and the contact info for three references to Dr. Robert Anex (email@example.com). The position will be open until filled, and would start in September 2022. As always, be sure to mention in the cover letter that you saw this posting on PSEcommunity.org!
For more information about the research, see this news post.