General Mills has announced a posting for a R&D Chemical Engineering in the area of Process Optimization with Machine Learning and Modelling. They are recruiting graduating undergraduate / bachelor’s level Chemical Engineers with additional training in computer science, modelling, deep data/analytical skills, and/or programming experience. Christine Ng, Sr. Principal Engineer at General Mills, writes that they “are specifically looking for someone who has a strong Chem E background and has experience and interest in applying state-of-the-art data analytics and modeling tools to solve challenging business problems.”
The position is located in Golden Valley, Minnesota, USA. Quoting from the job posting, the employee would:
- Apply fundamental chemical engineering principles to dissect and understand how great-tasting food is made on our equipment.
- Apply machine learning and process modeling tools to analyze and develop a hypothesis to solve complex engineering problems that will improve process efficiency and product quality.
- Design and execute experiments. Scale-down and scale-up to test and learn.
- Apply or build modern data-driven methodologies and tools such as CFD/Multiphysics modeling or AI/Machine Learning. Integrate cross-disciplinary computer-based tools as needed for problems at hand (e.g. Visual Basic/Python programming, PLC programming, Vision Systems, CAD/SolidWorks, etc.).
- Develop and test the hypothesis to advance technical possibilities and deliver big business impact.
For more information, including minimum requirements, and preferred qualifications, check out job postings:
As always, be sure to mention that you saw this on PSEcommunity.org in your cover letter.