Call for Input: Learn Aspen Plus in 24 Hours 2nd Edition
McGraw-Hill Education and Prof. Thomas A. Adams II (McMaster University) are now developing the 2nd Edition of Learn Aspen Plus in 24 Hours , with financial support from the Computer Aides for Chemical Engineering Corp (CAChE).
We invite the PSE community to provide suggestions concerning the 2nd edition, such as new material, expansions, changes, and updates. Some suggestions we have already received based on community feedback include:
- Update to most recent version (V11 or even V12 if available by press time)
- More in-depth coverage of the utilities feature
- Solids handling expanded to its own chapter
- Electrolyte chemistry expanded to its own bonus chapter, including a carbon dioxide capture example or other distillation/staged separations related example
- New bonus chapter on python automation and external black-box optimization solvers
- Coverage of petroleum assays, PetroFrac, and related systems.
- New bonus chapter on polymer modelling
- Additional tips and tricks about converging difficult columns and flowsheets
- Additional tips and tricks about linking multiple flowsheets together, managing heirarchy blocks, and physical properties changes.
If you have ideas, please send them to info@PSEcommunity.org with the subject LAP24.