Update to the Update! PSE 2021 Postponed until 2022
Update to the update! The conference has been postponed until the summer of 2021. See this post for more information.
Everything below here is now out of date…
Update: The abstract deadline has been extended to September 30; you can submit them here:
This is modified text from communications sent by Yoshiyuki Yamashita, conference organizer.
The 14th International Symposium on Process Systems Engineering (PSE 2021) will be taking place at Kyoto on July 19-23, 2021 (unless a virtual conference becomes necessary). The purpose of the meeting is to bring together the community of researchers and practitioners in the area of process systems engineering. Particular emphasis is given to contribute smart and sustainable society through a discussion on research and industrial needs, challenges and opportunities in PSE field.
This PSE symposium is a triennial international conference series on process systems engineering. The conference was initiated in Kyoto, Japan in 1982. The conference is organized by the PSE Executive Committee with representation from the Asian Pacific Confederation of Chemical Engineering, the European Federation of Chemical Engineering, and the Inter American Confederation of Chemical Engineering. The previous conferences were held in San Diego, California, USA (2018), Copenhagen, Denmark (2015), Singapore (2012), Salvador-Bahia, Brazil (2009), Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany (2006), Kunming, China (2003), Keystone, USA (2000), Trondheim, Norway (1997), Kyongju, Korea (1994), Montebello, Canada (1991), Sydney, Australia (1998), Cambridge, England (1985), and Kyoto, Japan (1982).
The symposium will include, but not limited to, the following topics and scopes:
- Process and Product Design/Synthesis
- Process Dynamics and Control
- Scheduling and Planning
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Process Intensification
- Integration of Process Operations and Design/Synthesis
- Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation
- Optimization Methods and Computational Tools
- Process Monitoring and Safety
- Cyber-Physical Systems and Security / Smart Manufacturing and Plant of the Future
- Machine Learning and Big Data
- Energy, Food and Environmental Systems
- Pharma and Healthcare Systems
- Deadline for abstract submission: September 20, 2020
- Notification of abstract acceptance: October 19, 2020
- Deadline for full paper submission: December 18, 2020
- Notification of full paper acceptance: February 12, 2021
- Deadline for camera-ready submission: March 12, 2021
Accepted papers will be published in Computer Aided Chemical Engineering by Elsevier.
Please visit the symposium website for more details.
Looking forward to seeing you in Kyoto.
The PSE 2021 Organizing Committee
Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan