Eastman Chemical has announced a new position of interest for the PSE community. Their announcement is below:
Eastman Chemical Company has an opening in the Advanced Controls Technology group – a corporate group based in Kingsport, Tennessee. This is an opportunity for a Chemical Engineering Ph.D. who has a research background and interest in process control and/or optimization.
If you would like more information about the position, feel free to contact Stephen Miller at email@example.com.
The Advanced Controls Technology group is part of Eastman’s Process Engineering Department and is responsible for:
- Designing control strategies for new processes
- Improving control strategies for and/or performance of existing assets
- Developing and implementing new process control and/or optimization technologies
The employee would be involved in each of those facets of the group’s work.
Typical job responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement advanced control solutions for existing and new chemical operations
- Develop models of chemical processes to provide insights for control improvements, plant tests, experimental process operation, etc.
- Perform mathematical analysis of chemical process data to assess control and/or process performance
- Collaborate with others to develop new concepts and tools for process control and optimization, to demonstrate feasibility and value, and to translate that work into practical application
- Stay abreast of academic developments in the process control and/or optimization fields
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, with research focus in the area of process control and/or optimization.
- The applicant must be able to work well in a group/team environment and have excellent communication skills.
- Strong math and computer background, preferably with substantial coursework in advanced control and/or optimization techniques.
- Experience in the application of process control and/or optimization technology in the chemical industry is a plus.
Eastman is a global specialty chemical company that produces a broad range of advanced materials, additives and functional products, specialty chemicals, and fibers that are found in products people use every day. As a world leader in the diverse markets it serves, Eastman is focused on delivering innovative and technology-based solutions while maintaining its commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2019 revenues of approximately $9.3 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA.